iteraplan Further Development
iteraplan has been continually refined and enhanced by iteratec since 2004:
- Open Source since early 2008
- Two releases per year
- Regular fixes and preview
- Community-driven development through feedback from our customers and users of the Community Edition
The following functions are due for implementation in forthcoming releases of iteraplan:
- Improved Metamodel (relations/attributes)
- Improved integration
- API for CRUD operations on elements (REST/WS*)
- CMDB/MS Project/… Import
- Profiles, filter and configurations for users
- Dashboards for different EA stakeholders
- Analysis patterns (See the book “Strategic IT Management” by Inge Hanschke)
- DWH/BI integration
- Time-based models and reports
- Improved integration with other tools, e.g. Wiki, Business Process Management (BPM) and Project Portfolio Management (PPM)
- Automated application discovery
- Ongoing research project (cooperation with University of Innsbruck), integration with cloud infrastructures, CMDB, ...
We welcome your feedback and ideas. Our customers tell us what specifically they’d like to see in iteraplan, and there are various ways to get these requirements enacted:
- Inclusion in release planningIf considered appropriate by the iteraplan development team at iteratec, the requirements will be included in release planning. No costs are incurred by the customer. The timetable is determined by iteratec, and please bear in mind we can’t give any guarantee of implementation.
- Sponsoring model
Sometimes a customer might need to get requirements implemented urgently - or would benefit significantly by doing so. In such cases we offer a sponsoring model: the customer contributes to the implementation, integration, release and documentation costs, and the implementation is timetabled for a following release.
- Custom development
The requirements are so specific that they are implemented in a special version rather than being part of the main release. The customer pays the entire cost of implementation, including all downstream costs for integrating these requirements/this custom development with future iteraplan releases.
- Further development by the customer
On the basis of the iteraplan Community Edition and taking into account the CLA, customers are free to participate in the further development of the software. After being checked by iteratec, these developments can become part of our release planning.
To find out more, please use our contact form.